Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A 1st Birthday Hippo

Pin It

It's my nephew's 1st birhday!

I stamped this little hippo on the dp and them cut him out. I also stamped him on bordering blue to get the blue bow, cut it out and glued onto the hippo.
He was a little flimsy so I ran him through the Xyron and them stuck him to white cardstock and cut him out again.
Then I popped him up on the scallop rectangle that I got from the PIF thread on SCS. (It's the PIF Stamped Imaages (& punches) thread under Swaps, Everything Else. We are currently in Round 24!! So much fun, come join us!)
The rectangle is then popped up on the main card base.

Got that yummy ribbon for $1 at M's on Monday!
(I also got some in lavendar!!)

Recipe:
Stamps ~ Pun Fun
Paper ~ white, bordering blue, barely banana, SU dp
Ink ~ basic black
Accessories ~ ribbon, dimensionals, Sizzix number dies, CB Paisley folder


And here's what I did with those flowers I got from Michaels...

Have a great rest of the week!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute card for your nephew Jen!! Also, your stems from Michael's look cute on your table. Love those coffee beans on your candle plate.

Carolina said...

What an adorable card for your nephew...I'm sure something he'll treasure for many years to come. Love what you did with the Gerbers...too cute!

joslyn said...

love the hippo. that is so cute.

Mandy said...

love it!!! you know hippos are my thing! at first i thought...is she making gracie's card already!! hehe!

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute and fun...the embossed BG is great and the pieced hippo is perfect!

Linsey R said...

Oh, how precious! That little *boy* hippo is the cutest! Happy birthday to your sweet little 1 year old nephew! What a beautiful way to display your great M's find too, that looks wonderful! tfs!

Juanita B said...

Your hippo is sooooo cute! I love the embossed background in white and the ribbon is beautiful.

I like what you did with the flowers. TFS.