Monday, January 14, 2008

I Met a Famous Stamper!!

Pin It

OhMyGosh ~ I met a famous stamper Saturday!!

Ok, let me start at the beginning... A few weeks ago I won some amazing blog candy from Michelle Clark's Sparkle Designs. Between our emailing of getting my address to her and all I found out she lives not too far from me and will be teaching an AMuse class at Rubber Stamp Fantasy which is right here in Marietta on Jan 26th!

On Saturday, DH and I decided to go check out the store....it is AMAZING!!! If you are within a few hours, it is SO worth the drive! It is a HUGE store. I saw so many stamps and supplies 'in person' that I had only seen on line before: AMuse, Elzybells, COPICs, etc. And the owners are Fabulous! They'll show you how to do anything!

Anyway ~ So we're standing in from of the AMuse stamps and there are some COPICs there and I tell DH, these are COPICs I've been wanting to try!!! This innocent bystander next to us says, oh, they're great....so I look over and ask her to tell me what she knows about them. Well, I notice she's holding a Starbucks cup with Michelle written on it....my brain starts putting two and two together... It's Michelle Clark! She is such a dear! She showed me the AMuse stuff, COPICs...etc. It was so much fun!

So, this card is going to Michelle in today's mail! These are my first AMuse stamps. I also got the oval that AmyR uses so fabulously all the time.
Ok...I think I'll become addicted to AMuse and COPICs....

Recipe:
Stamps ~ AMuse
Paper ~ AMuse notecard, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink ~ Versamark, Basic Black, COPIC ciao BG10 Cool Shadow
Accessories ~ ribbon, oval scallop punch, coluzzle, word window punch black ep

13 comments:

Michele Cronsell said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky girl!

Laura said...

How fun!! This card is so adorable, she is going to love it!
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a treat!!! I am just learning how to use my Copics....you will LOVE THEM!

Anonymous said...

so cool! your life is so much fun now that you've gotten out of the midwest! i'm jealous.

Lorraine said...

cute card. love the image too!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi I live in Athens...that isn't too far away. Just a couple of hours. I might have to try it out. I will probably have to bring dh with me...so I don't spend too much. LOL Maybe we can meet up there. Jennie

Aimee said...

oh you are so lucky... and you will love the copics.. I know I do

Leigh said...

Wow, that sounds great. Luurrrve the card.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, Jen--you have a blog! Hip,hip hooray!!! I love it! What a super cool story too! This card is adorable! Lucky, you got Copics! I love A Muse too--guess what? A Muse comes out of Seattle and I'm only 1 hour away from their store! I'm going to my first class there in a couple weeks and I can hardly stand the wait! I can't wait to see what other creations you come up with here--no doubt they'll be fabulous and this blog is going onto my list of favorites on mine! ~big hugs~

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged go back to my blog to get the questionnaire to fill out!

Dianne said...

What a darling card! Love the how nicely everything works together. I may have to check out that stamp!

Michelle Clark said...

I am the lucky girl to meet you and your dh! I can't wait to see you in class! I just got all the stuff in the mail so now I have to prepare it all!! See ya soon.

Amy said...

Awesome card. You've totally captured the A Muse aesthetic!!!