Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a Unity Par-tay!

Pin It
Unity is turning ONE!
And...you can get some FABULOUS Unity at Limelight Papercrafts!

Be sure to check out the Unity Challenges this week!

Here are 2 I did yesterday for the color challenge:



I started by stamping the Royal Day background in versamark onto the Kraft card base.

The Sweet Zzzz's is stamped in black onto So Saffron. I paper pieced the bird with Baja Breeze. ...and colored in the flowers with a white gel pen.
I topped it with a mini white brad and added a yellow ribbon border at the bottom of the bird cage.



I used a jumbo eyelet to thread the baja breeze ribbon through...
Used white thread to 'sew' the swirl...
...and finished off the sentiment (from Simply Said) with three Silver Rhinestones.



I *finally* inked up my Itsy Bitsy Giggles....LOVE it!
The sentiment is from a past Unity KOM (kit of the month....Aug maybe?).



I embellised with some Basic Grey Buttons and a Prima (from the Essentials 4 Dude pack).

Be sure to get in on some FREE RIBBON at Limelight Papercrafts!!!
It's the Great Ribbon Round-up!
For every three yards of
ribbon you purchase, you may choose ONE YARD OF RIBBON FREE (of equal or lesser value, please)!
Simply note your
ribbon choice in the Comments section during checkout.
If no free
ribbon is selected, we will include a yard of our choice.


Wanna WIN some PEARLS??
The next
Limelight Papercrafts Sketch/Product challenge is Thursday, April 30th. The product focus is pearls and if you play along you'll go in the drawing to win three packages of Kaisercraft Pearls!



Recipe for birdcage card:
Stamps ~ Unity: Sweet Zzz's, Simply Said, Royal Day
Paper ~ Kraft, So Saffron, Baja Blue, SU dsp - riding hood red
Ink ~ Versafine Onyx, Versamark
Accessories ~ white gel pen, baja blue ribbon, white thread, yellow , silver rhinestones, top note die, dimensionals, jumbo eyelet, mini white brad

Recipe for the trees card:
Stamps ~ Unity: Itsy Bitsy Giggles, KOM
Paper ~ white, baja breeze, ruby red, kraft, baja breeze dsp
Ink ~ versafine
Accessories ~ basic grey buttons, su kraft taffeta ribbon, essential 4 dudes prima, vanilla fiber, nesties, dimensionals

3 comments:

Tanis said...

OH they are both so CUTE!!!
I think I NEED to get those itsy bitsy giggle trees...they are SO SWEET!
LOVE that hand stitching on the Sweet Zzzz's card too :)

Lisa H. said...

great cards. I LOVE the tiny giggles one ALOT! I still have yet to put ink on mine, too. One day soon, it's sitting on my desk calling my name.

Becky said...

These are lovely, I love the bird cage, how creative.